Recurring.co works by parsing the invoices and receipts you receive in your email.
You or anybody in your team can forward your receipts to your assigned address, and those expenses will be automatically logged and visible in your account.
However, to make your life easier, most email clients allow you to set automatic forwarding. In this article, we'll go over how to set this up for the most popular email clients. Here's the step-by-step you can follow, with illustrative videos.
1- Go to Gmail Settings.
2. Navigate to 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP', and click on 'Add a forwarding address.
4. You will see a pop-up window that says 'Confirm forwarding address'. Click Proceed.
5. You will receive a confirmation code to enable forwarding.
Our system will re-send the confirmation code to you as soon as we receive it.
6. Enter the confirmation code.
7. ⚠️ IMPORTANT: on the Forwarding section of the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' menu, make sure that you are configured to 'Disable Forwarding'.
We only want to forward specific emails, not everything that lands in your inbox.
8. On the 'Forwarding' section you'll find an option for 'Creating a Filter'. Click that.
9. You'll see an advanced filtering/search screen.
On the 'Has the Words' line, go ahead and type: receipt|invoice.
On the 'Doesn't have' line, go ahead and type: confidential.
This will effectively include emails that contain the words 'receipt' or 'invoice', but exclude any email with the words 'confidential'.
10. Click Search.
You will see a list of emails matching the filter we just created.
11. Ensure that the emails you are seeing are the ones you are OK with forwarding.
⚠️ For your safety and privacy, be aware that,
The address you will use is not regularly monitored by humans. Our bot will scan the emails for receipts and if none are found, the email is deleted permanently from our database.
The only people with access to the emails are our most senior development team.
12. Your search filter should look like this.
13. Go ahead and click on 'Advanced Search'.
This should open back the search window.
14. Click on 'Continue'.
15. Check the option 'Forward it to', and select the email address assigned to your account.
16. Click on 'Save' or 'Update Filter'.